Vanilla Custard Squares
Write a review
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 250 mls milk
- 600 mls thickened cream
- 200 g instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 cup icing (powdered) sugar
- 1 tsp butter or spread
- 1/2 tsp vanilla Extract
- Hot water
- Bake pastry sheets at 210C for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and press with a large tray to flatten. Allow to cool.
- Combine milk and cream in a bowl, then add pudding mixture.
- Beat with an electric beater until thick and smooth
- Spread filling evenly over pastry sheet. Press second pastry sheet on top. I used a sponge roll tin to keep in.
- Place icing sugar, vanilla and butter in a glass bowl, add hot water to combine (a little at a time) and mix. Once smooth spread over the top layer of pastry.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then cut into squares.
- Best eaten within 2 days, if it lasts that long!
The girl who can't stop cooking http://thegirlwhocantstopcooking.com/