Ginger Oat Slice
Write a review
- 250g butter
- 30g honey
- 170g brown sugar
- 60g cornflakes
- 175g coconut
- 190g rolled oats
- 170g butter
- 225g golden syrup
- 300g icing sugar
- 10-15g ground ginger (depending on your tastes)
- Heat the oven to 180C and grease and line a medium sized slice tray.
- 1. Melt first portion of butter and honey, then stir in the brown sugar, cornflakes, coconut and rolled oats. Press into the prepared tin and bake until golden (about 20 minutes).
- 2. When the base has cooled to room temperature, make the icing by melting the second portion of butter and golden syrup together. Stir in icing sugar and ground ginger and beat until smooth. Add more icing sugar if needed. Pour over cooled base and allow to set before cutting.
- Adapted from http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/food-wine/recipes/8064734/Recipe-Ginger-and-oat-crunch
The girl who can't stop cooking http://thegirlwhocantstopcooking.com/